Martin and Pam

I do not own this image
You can listen to this blog post here
Here I am, Wednesday January 3rd, with an idea for a blog post. As I write these blog post, I write them on an intimate level. The posts are raw, uncut and just whatever idea is on my mind at the time.

So.. What's love got do with it?

Were you ever in a relationship where the person treated you the way Martin treated Pam or better yet the way Pam treated Martin? Not in a noticeable way though.

Take a step back for a second

Think about what I just said. Constant insults to you day in and day out, not blatant ones though. Ones that were set up in a way to make you feel as though they came from love

but they didn't.

What we call in New York City "Sneak Dissin"

Years ago I used to be in a relationship where this guy would take jabs at me and disguise it as love.

So think for a second ...

Were you ever in a relationship where the person treated you the way Martin treated Pam.

Unwanted, unloved and intolerable

Yes?... No?

So here's my story ... but in a poem ( or my version of poetry because aint nobody got time for the rhyme scheme sh*t.. just kidding lol)


So I once dated a guy who loved everything but himself
When you can't love yourself then it is hard to love others
So he would buy things, things he thought would fill the void
but the void is scarred baby
The latest pair of Jordans can't fix that
but he thought it would
but it didn't
So his love turned to anger
Anger which filled so high it spilled over
Look at me trying to clean a mess I didn't make
Wipe, scrub, cry
Your full of bullsh*t
You can't do that
F*ck you get out
Wipe, Scrub, cry
and I as stood there wondering where I went wrong
Wondering how could I fix broken glass
Years later I realized I couldn't
So I packed my wipes, my scrubbing brushes 
and I left


So What's love got do with pain? With hurt? I'll answer that
Not a damn thing
So I packed my things and I left 
Years later I met some wonderful people, who till this day I still care about.
Respect is mutual thing and "I'm not about to sit here and try to fix what I didn't break"
Remember to leave people where they are if they are not trying to elevate.

Or you guys will get stuck dissin each other
like Pam and Martin
"Martin- ... I wanted to let you know you look good and
your hair looks good, I mean, FINALLY, you know?
What's keeping it on, velcro?"


Poem Written by Ashli Tatum aka Ashli Smith (Creator and Author of this Blog).
Martin and Pam image were found on Playbuzz.com and from zoom_soldier2 on Twitter.
I do not own the clip I linked above to give you the reader a reference of Martin and Pam's relationship.

⇢⇢Follow and Connect with me on
Twitter- @nicelookashli
♡Instagram- @nicelookash
⥂Subscribe to my YouTube Channel and tell me your thoughts on my last video
If you need advice then email me girl what are you waiting on - nicelookash@gmail.com





No comments